Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Something new...


First, the past two nights have been amazing. We have had the most beautiful full moon. The past couple of months, every time there is a full moon we have had huge wind storms and rain to go along with it. But last night, was AMAZING!!!

We are well into week 2 of homeschooling. It's a lot of fun! Eden and I have really enjoyed our time together. He tells me everyday, that this is way more fun that "regular school" except he misses his friends. But we have him in soccer in Superior and we go regularly to church. So, he still get quite a bit of interaction.

I was looking back on an article that a community member shared with me. It's titled "Why we homeschool" and is written by Lawana McGuffey. She has children that are both biological and adopted into her family. They are an inspiring family and helped me make the final decision to homeschool Eden.

As I said, I read her article again (for about the 100th time) and still have the same warmth in my heart, knowing that I am doing what is right for my child. He is being educated in intelligence, knowledge, love, relationships, manners, the gospel and so much more at home. We say the Pledge of Allegance every morning, have an opening prayer, sing a primary song and begin our day after this.

Thank you Heavenly Father for opening my eyes to the needs of my child. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment