Leelou Blogs

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sealed for Eternity

June 1, 2012


This will forever be a special day in my family's life.



Joel, me & Eden were able to be sealed as a family for all eternity in the Spokane Washington Temple. We had my sister (Emiley), JoAnn & Jerry Wolcott, John & Donna Rios, Justin Leonard, Mark & Amy Farris, and Rick & Judy Seemann attend with us. We also had Amy (Judy's daughter) waiting outside to take some photos for us.

Joel & I had to arrive at the temple at 3:30pm. We were even 15 minutes early bc I wanted to be able to say hi to the Wolcotts - they had a nephew getting sealed at 3:30 also. So, after we left Eden with Aunt Emiley in the waiting room, we began our journey in the temple.

To begin, our recommends would not enter into the computer system. We both were denied access and had to wait for the temple president to come speak with us. So, while we're waiting 3 more people were denied access and they relized the internet was down and let us go in anyways. We were ushered to wait in the lobby area until the President could meet with us.

After about 15 minutes, we were lead into the President's office for our meeting. We reviewed our family member & group records as well as a few other minor details. We discussed our sealing and what was about to happen to our family. It was a great conversation and really got to know our temple president on a personal level.

We were then ushered to our separate changing areas - I got the bridal suite! We changed and met in the celestrial room. We were able to start our sealing in a sacret manner & learn more of ourselves. We proceeded then to go into the sealing room and sit with our family & friends until our sealing actually took place. After a few minutes, our sealer came in and gave a wonderful sealing service to us. I remember, just holding Joel's hand and knowing I could feel all the love he truly holds for me at the very second. He just kept looking in my eyes, I saw the unspoken promises he was speaking to me while listening and covenanting with me, as his wife in the ceremony.

Then, Eden came in. He was quite dashing in his white suit - thanks Grandma Bev for that very special gift he will have forever. I've never seen him so handsome before and all smiles! He was determined to know what type of treasure was hidden at the alter. (He still thinks he missed out on the gold, lol.)

When our sealing was completed, I could't help but realize the power of the priesthood that was performed through Heavenly Father's plan. The Spirit was definitely with us that Friday.

I loved being able to visit with and hug the Rios & Wolcott family. It has been a few months since seeing both of their families. I was overwhelmed with the love and support that my sister, Emiley, showed by coming on our special day. My dear friend Judy traveled with her husband 2 hours to come with us. As well did the Farris'. Justin came from the Seattle area and followed us home after a delightful dinner at Tomato Street with John, Donna & Emiley.

Amy (Judy's daughter) was waiting outside the temple for us. She had brought her daughters along and kept them entertained outside. She shared with me that Zoey was so excited to come to the temple that evening. It's such a blessing to see the happiness that the temple brings to everyone. Amy was so sweet & patient with us. Eden was in his usual mood of trying to show off and wanting only to show off his muscles or make an awful face in all the pictures. But, she was able to convince him to give a few smiles and sit up straight. I look forward to seeing her photos and enjoying them for years to come.

As most know, my mom is not a member of the church. But, it was so sweet of her to leave the message she did on my phone. I didn't save it (should have) but said that she had thought of us and wanted us to have a great time at the temple that day. - It's those bittersweet moments that you treasure forever.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope these memories will last with me this entire lifetime. I don't want to forget any of them.

On a side note, June 1st is also the anniversary of John & Donna. It was a great day to celebrate their special day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment