Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thank You

I just have such a feeling of faith in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit.

Tonight, I took a neighbor to walmart with Eden in tow. He wasn't listening well and I was flustered. I got into my purse and paid for my goods and then put my card away.

The next thing I knew, I was pulling up into my house and realized I didn't have my purse. (This is not the first time I have done this) I had no idea where to even begin. So, I put the car in park and asked Eden to join me in a prayer for Heavenly Father to help lead me to my purse.

So, I rush back to walmart, check the carts outside, check customer service, check the check out counter I went through. It wasn't there! At this point, my heart is pounding and the tears are being held back.

We get back in the car, say another prayer and shed a few tears. I have this feeling to head back home and call the bank to cancel my card so no one can use it.

As I pull up and start getting my bags out of the van, I notice a vehicle that I don't recognize and two people wandering around the apartment complex. They come up and ask if I am Staci. And of course, I say yes. The woman (and her husband) held up my purse.

I was speechless and just started crying. I was so worried about my purse. It had my id, debit cards, personal info, pay stubs, etc in it. And, this amazing family recognized it sitting in a cart and were kind enough to search on their phone for my information to find me and return it. They tried calling but I wasn't home and so they came to the house they said. After a second I was able to compose myself and explained we had just moved to Twin Falls about 6 weeks ago and I had no idea where to start looking for my wallet. Sarah (the lady) said that when they stumbled up on my wallet, they said a prayer to Heavenly Father to ask if they should return it to walmart or to my home.

How truly awesome is that?

And guess what............ They are LDS and live in our stake! Tony and Sarah go to 4th ward. So, I invited them to dinner and they said yes.

I just love Twin Falls. I love being around more LDS people that share the same gospel standards and have faith in Heavenly Father. I'm so thankful for everyone we have met and have taken us as friends. I'm so thankful for the family I have that share the same beliefs and covenants and our children that are being raised with the fullness of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment