Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Autism Awareness Month!



So, if you haven't guessed.... April is Autism Awareness Month. The official day is the 2nd where national "Autism Walks" are hosted and millions of dollars are donated for the very cause. It's such a heartfelt month for me. Eden has Asbergers aka Autism Spectrum Disorder and it's been a blessing! Once we found out what was going on in that big beautiful brain of his, we knew how to handle it.
So, to show my support for Autism Awareness, I wore my blue yesterday. Today, I headed down to our public library and read with children. This month the library is sponsoring children with (all) disabilities with a free boook if they attend a reading session. Eden wasn't able to attend because he is visiting grandma and grandpa this week. We will take him next week!
So, I've decided to celebrate the month by posting a new picture and fun fact about Autism Spectrum Disorder on my facebook page for everyone to learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment