Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Nelson Family

Hi Everyone! Jeez, it has been forever since I have been on blogspot. I promise, I will be on more often to share our stories! Well, I guess I will start at the beginning.



Brittany & Joel

Joel and I met online (yes, online) and started talking when I first moved over to Idaho. We hit it of right away and were talking via email, usps and phone all the time. We were able to open up and talk about things that we hadn't shared with others and feel comfortable about it. We were excited to hear from each other! This lasted about 5 months before we actually met. I had went down to visit my Mom in Libby and drop Eden off for 2 weeks. On my way home to Idaho, I stopped and met him and the kids for the first time.



Elizabeth with our "grandma" Abbey. We saved her from a neglected home this year!


Just like it was ment to be, the time was amazing. Brittany, Howard, Emily and Elizabeth were so sweet and kind to make my time memorable. We went to lunch that day, shopping (I got a cute candle) and played wii all evening. I stayed over at my Dad's that night and then went back to Idaho the next day. We continued our communication while I was back to work and decided that I wanted to come back to Montana. Eden was also having a hard time in school and really missed the family in Montana. About a month later, I was back in Montana.



Emily (12), Joel, Brittany (15)-on bottom, Eden (6), Howard (13), Elizabeth (9)

Time really flew by from October to January and a lot happened. Joel and I were able to spend almost every weekend together until I moved to Saint Regis. We had the kids a lot and they really enjoyed being together. We had decided to be married January 29, 2011.




We had a small ceremony held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints chapel in Superior, MT. Our Branch President, Mark Farris performed the marriage and we had our closest friends and family there. Although it was a civil marriage, we have full intentions of being sealed in early 2012. It was a really nice ceremony and followed up with a dinner at the church. We then went home for the night to celebrate as a "family".



Howard & Eden

So, we are going on 6 months now and really enjoying our time. We have lots of laughs and enjoy trying new things. We have our fair share of struggles, but through Heavenly Father we can accomplish anything! Joel and I still have a goal to be sealed in the temple. We are in the process of adopting Eden to Joel, so he will be included in our sealing as well. Eden is so excited too!!!



Emily, Brittany & Joel goofing off

We have been so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives. Joel is the 2nd Counselor in Elders Quorum and I am Enrichment Leader. I have a R.S. Meeting this Thursday. Eeeeek, talk about nerve wracking. But it should be lots of fun. I have put a lot of time and effort into this night. Please, keep me in your prayers for a great night of testimony and faith!





No comments:

Post a Comment